Annie Thoe, GCFP is a Feldenkrais Practitioner and Assistant Trainer in the Feldenkrais Method®. She has taught bodywork and movement for over 27 years, including advanced kinesiology and clinical massage therapy. She writes essays and produces podcasts of activities to enhance vitality and ease of movement.
Her work combines sensory learning with nature awareness to assist people in healing from chronic injuries and restrictive habits to move with more vitality. For testimonials click this link.
She draws her inspiration from her experiences and studies in nature, movement, healing modalities, meditation, martial arts, music and play. She is also the President of the Board of Trustees for the Wilderness Awareness School. She teaches on South Whidbey Island and has a private practice in Woodinville and Seattle on Mondays and Tuesdays.
“I believe nature is our greatest healer and teacher. I began studying the Feldenkrais Method® in 1984 to heal a chronic injury that limited walking and many activities.
My work today is informed from my love of movement and nature– in all forms and the power of our awareness to affect how we experience this moment. Everything we need is reflected to us in the messages from the sun, earth, wind, water, trees, birds and the animals.
As human beings, we have a unique gift to connect to the intelligence in nature and with one another for healing and self-expression. My work is about helping people, including myself, use our gifts through movement and awareness to connect deeply to life and its beauty. My work is whole-brain, whole-body learning that guides you beyond “sensed” limitations toward growth, self-expression and freedom.”
- Annie Thoe
For more information or for an individual lesson, contact Annie Thoe at email@example.com. To find a Feldenkrais Practitioner in your area, contact the Feldenkrais Guild.
She is also available for long-distance consultation and lessons through skype.
Mondays in downtown Woodinville, WA, Suite B-300-, 17311 – 135th Ave. NE, 98072
Tuesdays in Seattle at M’Illumino, 6911 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle 98115
Wed. – Sat. on South Whidbey Island, Freeland, WA
Annie Thoe – Brief Resume:
Feldenkrais Practitioner and Assistant Trainer in the Feldenkrais Method®:
- Nationally recognized Bodyworker and Teacher since 1986
- Mentor and Advanced Trainer to Feldenkrais Practitioners since 2003
- Graduate of Jerry Karzen’s Hawaii Feldenkrais Training 1996
- BA Philosophy- Highest Honors, Magna Cum Laude, Macalester College
- College Athlete and Musician
- 15 years martial arts study
- 10 years teaching clinical, advanced massage, supervising student clinics and training instructors (1988-1997)
- Meditation, yoga, shamanic, Qigong and healing studies since 1983
- Graduate Anake Outdoor School: 2009-10, over 12 years of naturalist/survival studies
- President of Board of Trustees for Wilderness Awareness SchoolPublications:
- ”Hunters Moon” – essay, Soundings Review, Fall/Winter 2012/13; received Founders Award
- Sensability Newsletters- several articles on the Feldenkrais Method®, see www.Feldenkrais.com